Thursday, June 3, 2010

The New Yorker's '20 Under 40'

Well well well, look who made The New Yorker's '20 under 40' list of top fiction writers--- my lover Jonathan Safran Foer and his wifey Nicole Krauss. So deserved!

The rest of the list actually makes me feel really stupid, as I've only heard of half of the writers, and read even less of them. MINOR PANIC ATTACK. Where did these people come from and why am I so stupid?!!?!?

However, I have read PAST winners who are now over 40, I guess, inlucing my old neighbor Jhumpa Lahiri, and the magnificent Junot Díaz, plus Michael Chabon, Jeffrey Eugenides, and David Foster Wallace. Stupid, but not THAT stupid, right? Ugh.

The official list:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi
Chris Adrian
Daniel Alarcón
David Bezmozgis
Sarah Shun-lien Bynum
Joshua Ferris
Jonathan Safran Foer
Nell Freudenberger
Rivka Galchen
Nicole Krauss
Yiyun Li
Dinaw Mengestu
Philipp Meyer
C. E. Morgan
Téa Obreht
Z Z Packer
Karen Russell
Salvatore Scibona
Gary Shteyngart
Wells Tower

No comments: