Saturday, February 27, 2010

The West Wing



Good morning, New York. It's 8am on a Saturday and I'm here with my coffee watching The West Wing while snow falls in my pseudo Brooklyn backyard. I actually don't have a lot to say about The West Wing or the clip above at this time (other than it being the greatest television show ever written, and that Josh Lyman absolutely makes my heart stop.) I just thought you might want to watch it here with me.

It's been a big month, February. A month of change and revolutions. A sea change, you could say. (I've always liked that phrase. Shakespeare, right?) I had two New Year's resolutions this year, each more surface and silly than the other. I wanted to grow out my hair and I wanted to cut out the sugar in my coffee. Well, not for nothing, I'm sitting here with hair four inches past my shoulders and sipping my coffee with only milk. It feels great. I feel quite clever to have figured out how to grow hair in less than two months, and I've come to enjoy the bitterness in my morningtime. It's where bitterness belongs-- in a cup, not in conversation.

That's all I'm going to say for now, but stay tuned. Much more to come...

3 comments:

Ms. S said...

How exciting!!! To all of the above. I commend you for following through on your New Year's Resolutions - I'm so terrible following through with mine I just don't even set them anymore. Also, your new hair is SO darn cute!

Amanda said...

did you say 'milk' in your coffee??? or did you actually mean 'vanillas,' a milky vanilly sugary substance that does not make your coffee bitter in the least????????

Sarah said...

amanda: BITE ME.

xo :)