Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Muppet Movie news!

So, have you all heard this awesome news!? I first heard that Jason Segel was writing the next Muppet movie last year after his phenominal display of muppet-dom in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. NOW, not only is he completing the script, but James Bobin, who created Flight of the Concords will be directing! Also, the working title is apparently 'The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made'? Alrighty then! Here is what Mr. Segel has to say about my new favorite movie...

“I’ve just grown a little disappointed with ‘Muppets in the Old West,’ ‘Muppets Under Water,’ and all these weird concept movies. I just want to go take it back to the early 80’s, when it was about the Muppets trying to put on a show. That’s what I’m trying to bring back,” said Segel, who also wants to bring back the big name cameos of the earlier films. “All of our friends that I’ve brought it up to are pretty excited by the prospect of it. Everyone loves the Muppets; they’ve got a warm place in most people’s hearts. We want a lot of cameos. You look back at Charles Grodin, Charles Durning, there were just such great performances in those movies.” “We’ve got a great plot. I think if we can execute it right, it will be terrific. But I can’t tell you more – it’s top secret.”

Swoon.

No comments: