Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Want to Spend the Rest of My Life Everywhere, With Everyone, One to One, Always, Forever, Now

If I didn't owe a million dollars to the city of New York today (New York, why aren't you giving me money back this year!? I've been so loyal and lovely to you during our entire relationship.) I would buy this book. It's over $200 on Amazon and is chock full of Damien Hirst's ideas, words, drawings, photography, typography, pop-ups... his world. Yummy. I held it in my hands once and it made my mouth water.

Just sayin'. If New York had decided to give me some money I would have owned this book. That's all. :)

4 comments:

Mach1 said...

You should read "Seven Days in the Art World." I will set aside its casual attitude toward the rules of journalism and instead focus on the insight it provides into artists/artistry/art commerce (though maybe you being an art world "insider" might not find it so eye-opening).

Anyway, the author doesn't even try to disguise her intellectual crush on Damien Hirst.

Sarah said...

will, dear. do you know that i work in journalism for an art magazine? :)

i have read seven days and loved it. everyone should read it, especially if they feel they should have an opinion on art while living in new york city.

i have a major intellectual crush on damien hirst. and i'm okay with it.

Mach1 said...

Butler, of course I know where you work. That's why I called you an art world insider. And don't think I have forgotten the "I am at Borders looking at Art in America and I don't see your name in the staff list" incident.

annie said...

a very lovely man once emailed that very title to me... WHATS IN A TITLE?? Just a road block if you ask me.